Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Catsup!

So I've written about my travels... now a little about what's happened since then.

Saturday: Cristina woke me up so the other Cristina could help me fix my computer since it wasn't connecting to the internet. *Cristina is my landlord and there is also another Cristina living here who is from France and teaches English and French... but she's not allowed to speak to me in English haha Cristina (the landlord) said if she does she has to clean the house. Anyway she wasn't able to do it and had to run to the bus station. Oh it was soo horrible for me all I wanted to do was check facebook haha. I went and explored after a breakfast of toast, muffin and roll. I found where the Cursos Internacionales were... and then returned and we went to the restaurant Dominus to eat. I eat in the restaurant twice a day. Cristina has many residents around the city and has some deal with the restaurant so we eat there. I met some of the other residents, one in particular named Quique, pronounced Kiki ? I think haha! It's short for Enrique but I just think it's hilarious he calls him self kiki, maybe I'm saying it wrong haha. He's been very nice. Then we returned and I think I went for another walk... things are blurring between days. Anyway it was really really windy so we didn't go back to the restaurant for dinner. Cristina cooked for us. Paula came from the restaurant and fixed my computer for me. Yay Paula!

Sunday: I went for a jog in the morning and got lost... I found my way back in time.... I don't think anything else interesting happened Sunday. I went around taking pictures to satisfy the hungry friends and family back home that wanted to see Salamanca hehe.

Monday: I woke up and fixed the same breakfast for myself. I think it will be the same everyday... and headed off to take my placement exam. I got there early but early wasn't early enough and had to ask directions for where they took all the students for the exam. I made it on time! I took the exam but only got less than 3/4 of the way finished. :( The oral exam was a joke I don't know how they place anyone by it they only asked where we were from and if we'd taken Spanish before. At 5pm we found out our classes. I met a guy named Lionel earlier in the test and he told me some info. about where to get a sim card for my phone. I went later and my phone wont work because it's locked :( anyway at 5pm after I found out my classes, I met a few of the other students and we all went for coffee and walked around. It was nice hanging out with some people it had been a lonely weekend. Cara is from Germany and speaks wonderful English, well they all do, all the students from other countries seem to be learning Spanish as their 3rd or 4th language... oh how we are lacking in the U.S. Maria is from Japan and speaks English with a British accent I love it! Stine pronounces Steena is from Norway. Diego is from Hong Kong but is fillipino with a Spanish passport and speaks English with kind of a British accent.. I'm not sure. Tom is from Canada/Taiwan and is 26. I'm so happy there is someone else close to my age. Fynn is from Germany and has a German accent hehe, and is super super tall. Haha I think most Germans are tall haha (Stephanie!) Oh and Henni is from Germany as well I think, I only met her at the end. I enjoyed my time with them. :) When I went to dinner I met our new house mate, her name is Assunta and she is from Italy. She is 26 and working on her Doctorate, I'm glad there is someone else close to my age. Also, Cristina is 27, the one that teaches, not my landlord. Hmm I will have to think of a way to distinguish the two. The three of us walked home and I enjoyed their company on the walk, since I'd been walking the 20 minute trek to the restaurant all by myself. Salamanca is very safe but it's nice to have someone to talk to.

Tuesday: I had my first day of classes. I am the only American in the first two, haha everyone else is Japanese! lol The third class there is one boy from Georgetown named Josh who is really nice, and I had met him the day before through Lionel who is also from Georgetown but originally from Valencia for all you Californians reading this. ;) After class one of the girls Natsumi came to talk to me, she had studied in Colorado. I was supposed to call her to get together this evening but I didn't get a phone yet because Kiki at lunch told me he would give me one. Anyway I spent the afternoon completely bored because the internet didn't work... I took 2 naps haha. Assunta and I went to dinner tonight and had a blast. I love her! Haha we wanted to take bananas with us to have for breakfast the next day but you aren't allowed to take the fruit from the restaurant. We arranged this elaborate plan to sneak some bananas into my purse. haha We are so silly we giggled soo much. There is a boy there named Mickey and he is soo funny. I think he has a crush on Assunta. I made him come over because he is kind of bigger to stand in front of me while I put the banana in my bag. lol. I told him I was going to tell him un secreto. Haha he is soo funny. He was laughing so hard about something and he was coughing soo hard. Some other things happened he made noises like a bird and said something funny to the cook... then when he left everyone clapped. ? I don't know why haha but he is sure funny. Oh I also sang to him Hey Mickey you're so fine! lol He's fun! There are a lot of boys haha. I've met some of the girls, Bella and Alba today, and Miriam? I think who seems very very shy. A couple other girls the other day but I haven't seen them again. It's so much fun! I didn't think I'd like eating in the restaurant and grumbles a little to myself about how far it was, but I love eating with all the kids... I say kids because they are like the same age as my students were when I worked in the schools hehe. But I guess I would call them friends... I'm not getting after them to do their homework. lol.

Well, that's all for now. I think I've caught up for the most part. I will try and post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started this blog you we can keep up with what you are doing in Spain. Neat you have already made lots of friends. Love you!
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete