Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hmmm 3 days.


Well, let's see it's been 3 days since my last post, where to begin.


Today has been a kind of hard day, a lot of mixed feelings. Conflicted, sad, happy... and anything else you can think of. I've felt kinda icky today and yesterday, physically. I'm not sick, I'm not pregnant... haha everyone asks that when I say I don't feel too hot so I had to throw that in there. I have my womanly gift, (I'm sure you want to know that) but I'm sure that's what's amplifying emotional states. I've met a lot of really Awesome people! There is good and bad to both groups I've met. All the Spanish natives I've met are extremely nice and personable but they are guys, and well, I can't just go hang out with a bunch of guys all the time. I'm sure Jason wouldn't like that too much. I've met some great girls too, and I LOVE hanging out with them, but we speak English because it's the common language we all know, which is nice, but may have a negative effect on my learning. Also, all the English blogging and facebook etc. probably isn't helping either. I want to learn but the things keeping me from full submersion are also the things that are keeping me not so lonely. I miss my wonderful husband very very very much! He is soo amazing and supportive and great and I'm soo very blessed to have him in my life. Being so in love with him doesn't help the being away part though. haha It does bring me a smile when I think of him, but it almost makes me cry at the same time since I miss him and would love to hug him. My dream is for him to visit but I know that it's not possible. It's only been a week! I don't remember his sea trips being this difficult. Also another positive is I got the scholarship from Royal Arcanum $750 for school. Jason seems to think it might be per semester but we wont know until he sends in some paper work I guess.

Let's see, classes are going well. I seem to think my conversation teacher picks on me a little more, but I guess I should be happy she is helping direct me to speaking correctly. Culture class is stressing me out a bit. I don't know anything about Spain's geography and I have to memorize this map and all the communities and provinces and what each are famous for in production and what festivals happen where and the list goes on. This is only a one month course! I need to study my lil booty off is what I need to do. Grammar is going really well, I'm glad I stayed there it's where I need to be. I just wish I didn't have to walk so far from class to class, haha it's quite funny because that's one of the reasons I didn't want to go to USC. lol Classes far apart and only 10 minutes to get there.

Francia... found out she is not from France, she is from Spain. haha So, I guess I will go on calling her Francia because she does teach French but... oh well. haha It's been nice having her in the house, she can help me with understanding things since she also knows English but does it in a way that doesn't use English.... I love Assunta as well, she knows a lot of Spanish and we have a ton of fun together. I'm a little jealous that she can speak Spanish better than me, she can have actual conversations with people while we eat. Kiki asked me how long it was going to be before I spoke Spanish faster... Nice Kiki, my biggest nightmare is that I come home and haven't learned anything more than I knew before I left. Well, I will know the map of Spain anyway lol.

I washed my laundry today, there are no dryers here so all of my clothes are on the line outside the window... including my underwear. :/ It's definitely interesting getting used to different aspects of the way of life. I don't think my stomach will ever get used to having to wait so long before it's next meal. I might have to go shopping for snacks!










Stine (pronounced Steena), Maria and I went to the Chocolatería and ordered Churros and Hot Chocolate (which is really like a fondue dip not like the drink). Really good, but greasy churros don't go to well dipped in hot chocolate I don't think... Too much at once for me! Haha maybe that's why I haven't felt well. lol






Well, that's all for now. I probably will only update this once a week, from now on. I have to think in Spanish! Or maybe I'll write it in Spanish and you can push the google translate button. :)

2 comments:

  1. Jenny deberias blog en espanol! :-)

    Yo se que tu espanol estaras mejor cuando te venga a casa.

    Mi espanol tambien! Ajora necessito hablar con mi madre-in-law (no se el palabre et no quiero mirar :-P) en espanol pero no se los palabres de bebe! Pero apprendiendo rapido! (panal, biberon, etc.)

    Ayudarme mi espanol si puedo leer ti blog en espanol! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about your time in Spain. Hope you feel better tomorrow. Love all the pictures, too. You look so beautiful....as always
    Uncle Dave is sick with a sinus cold/headache, but he's been painting in the kitchen. We get our new counter and sink next Monday. Can't wait.
    Love you, Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete