Friday, March 5, 2010

Classes

Today was my first day in my new conversation class.... we didn't speak at all? We read a letter and then filled out a family tree and started writing our own letter similar to it. I have no idea if this is a better class or not because I haven't heard anyone talk other than the teacher yet. The girl that read the letter was able to pronounce the words much better than the students in my other class so it's probably better but hello I'm in conversation class to talk! lol

My culture class is deffinately much harder, I'm wishing I stayed in my other class only because I want to be a little lazy. In this new class I'm going to learn soo much more, but I'm also going to be tested on soo much more! This is why I'd rather be in the other class hehe but I'm sure it's better for me to be in this one.

It's nice eating lunch with Spaniards, Edu helped me with my homework :) I'm sure it was really easy for him. haha I want to go to the Festival de Fallas in Vallencia, and I met a man from Vallencia today, small world. I asked him if I should go to the parade or the day they burn all the floats, and he told me the art was in the fire... so he helped me decide when to go. :) Now I just need some people to go with me. http://www.valencia-cityguide.com/tourist-information/leisure/festivals/the-fallas.html Here is a link describing the festival. :)

Yesterday I finally bought a Spanish phone, now I can call people to hang out and not just sit at home all day. :) It was soo hard for me to make the decision on which one to get, if you know me you know how hard it is for me to decide on a lot of things haha. I think I made the right decision and because I added an extra 10euros (wish I new how to make the euro sign) I get 50% off on all my minutes! ;) I was able to call Jason last night for the first time since arriving here. It was so nice to talk to him. We've been talking on the e-mail but it's good to hear his voice.

Today was rainy and Cristina my host mother let me borrow her umbrella. It was soo windy when I was walking to lunch that the umbrella broke and flew into the median in the street leaving me with the J shaped wooden handle. I ran to pick it up, luckily the traffic was stopped at a light. :( It's garbage now. Cristina was very nice about it. Haha

Tonight I think I may go to dinner with some of the other students. We'll see... It's hard to go out to dinner when I get dinner for free in a restaurant. :) haha And I always like dinner more than lunch. :)

Tis all for now in the Adventures de Jenny!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny--I'm so excited for you to be there! Que bueno! Gracias por compartir tus experiencias. Quiero hacer una conversacion por Skype un dia en abril. Que te parece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No se como usar Skype todavia, pero en Abril possibliments he aprendido.

    ReplyDelete